Santana Amigos Rock Music CD Review


Not sure what's happening with me on this one, but it seems like the more I listen to it, the better Amigos gets. Amigos stated simply is one of Santana's best CDs to date.

It's a rare day indeed that I get a CD from an artist that I can truthfully say does not have a bad track in the bunch. I'm more than happy to announce that's exactly what I must say about this one. There simply isn't a bad one in the bunch. No fillers here at all.

Amigos is a nicely varied, mix of 7 tracks that are very well written songs by this clearly gifted artist. With many of the songs displaying a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Seemingly drawing from what I can only imagine are him own personal experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions like love, and the pain of failed relationships can certainly be heard.

I'm of the opinion that Amigos is certainly Santana's best work in a few years. A totally enjoyable CD and an outstanding release. What I call must have music. I give it two thumbs up because it's a collection that even the casual Rock fan can appreciate and enjoy.

While this entire CD is really very good some of my favorites are track 2 - Take Me With You, track 5 - Tell Me Are You Tired, and track 7 - Let It Shine

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - Dance Sister Dance. Good stuff!

Amigos Release Notes:

Santana originally released Amigos on January 1, 2002 on the Rock label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Dance Sister Dance

2. Take Me With You

3. Let Me

4. Gitano

5. Tell Me Are You Tired

6. Europa (Earth's Cry Heaven's Smile)

7. Let It Shine

Santana: Devadip Carlos Santana (guitar, percussion, background vocals); Greg Walker (vocals); Tom Coster (keyboards); David Brown (bass); Ndugu Leon Chandler, Armando Peraza (background vocals). Additional personnel: Maxine Willard Walters, Julia Tillman Walters, Ivory Stone (background vocals).

Recorded at Wally Heider Recording Studios, San Francisco, California.

The Vintage Computer is The Premiere Marketplace and Source for Vintage, Collectible, Rare and Obsolete Computers, Peripherals, Replacement Parts and Nostalgic Computer Memorabilia. www.thevintagecomputer.com